What is Reiki?
Reiki is the practice of guiding pure life force energy into a person, animal, or other living being in order to facilitate healing and growth. The concept, based on ancient principles and methods of healing, was formalized into an alternative medicine modality in 1922 by Mikao Usui. Both Usui and the term “Reiki” are Japanese in origin. However, the energy is universal, and its use in wellness work spans cultures and millennia.
There is no religion associated with Reiki. It exists free of dogma, and it is not “faith-based” on any level – meaning that you will receive what you need from each session whether you “believe” in Reiki or not.
What each person experiences from a Reiki session is unique, and many people experience something different each time. You may feel tingling, sensations of hot or cold, a sense of deep relaxation, or even fall asleep. You may feel nothing at all. Either way, you will receive the benefits of Reiki that you need the most at that time. Among them are:
- decreased stress and anxiety
- decreased physical pain
- less muscular tension
- increased emotional peace/release of emotional blocks
- increased rate of recovery from injury or illness
- increased energy
- strengthened immune system
- more awareness of the mind/body/spirit connection
- increased and more accurate intuition
You don’t have to take my word for it. (In fact, I encourage you to do your research before engaging in any form of healing or wellness work.) Reiki has been the subject of many independent studies and experiments. Check out the following links for more information on the benefits of Reiki.
- Reiki Reduces Anxiety, Depression, Massage Magazine, 2011
- Reiki improves heart rate homeostasis in laboratory rats, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2008
- Preliminary report on the use of Reiki for HIV-related pain and anxiety, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 2003
- The effect of Reiki on pain and anxiety in women with abdominal hysterectomies: A quasi-experimental pilot study, Holistic Nursing Practice, 2006
- Pilot Crossover Trial of Reiki Versus Rest for Treating Cancer-Related Fatigue, Integrative Cancer Therapies, 2007
- Long-term effects of energetic healing on symptoms of psychological depression and self-perceived stress, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 2004
- Autonomic nervous system changes during Reiki treatment: a preliminary study, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2004
Testimonials for Reiki with The Body Temple
“I’ve always been interested in having a Reiki session and Carmen at The Body Temple gave me a chance to experience it. During my session I felt calm and warm. It was amazing how I felt when it started and when I paused and ended. After the session I received an email that gave insight to what she was seeing about me and honestly it was so accurate and thought provoking. This has helped me greatly in my own life’s journey. I would recommend doing this to anyone.” ~Kali Robinson
“My Distant Reiki Session definitely helped me put some things into perspective! During my session I felt very relaxed it was like the calm before you go to sleep. The message I received from the session resonated heavy it was exactly what I needed to hear. I am thankful!” ~Jihada Destini
“I enjoyed my distance Reiki session with Carmen very much. It was an opportunity to relax and spend some much needed quiet time with myself. After the session I felt refreshed and the suggestions in her follow-up were spot on!” ~Gabrielle G.
Schedule a Reiki Session with Carmen
One of the the best things about Reiki is that, because it utilizes the universal life force, you can receive it anywhere! Schedule a distance Reiki session or distance Reiki package to experience the benefits of this healing energy from your home, office, or other space of your choice.
(Once you purchase your session, a scheduling link will be sent to you via your PayPal email address within 24 hours. If you have issues with scheduling or desire a specific session time, please reach out before purchasing your session.)
10 Session Reiki Package – $400 (a $40 discount per session) – BUY NOW
5 Session Reiki Package – $250 (a $30 discount per session) – BUY NOW
3 Session Reiki Package – $180 (a $20 discount per session) – BUY NOW
1 Reiki Session – $80 – BUY NOW
*Wondering if Reiki is right for you? Reach out for a FREE email consultation!
Coming Soon: Womb Reiki and Massage!
Photo by Oluwakemi Solaja on Unsplash